What’s in the white paper #2:
Technology advances over the past decade have all contributed to the rapid deployment, management and scalability of enterprise applications such as MES. This White Paper explores the following aspects of containerization and its role in scaling, ensuring system availability and standardization, and product traceability across factories:
- Containerization, as the most proficient way to achieve a deployment more independent of the physical environment
- Separation of containers into packages that are independently deployable and scalable, including separate apps, IIoT solutions, customization and master data packages, etc.
- Solution adapted to run on different technologies and container orchestration (such as Kubernetes)
- DevOps portal to, after a simple configuration, deploy with just one click
- Local agent component that establishes a secure connection to the DevOps portal for installation of on premises environments
- Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment tools and practices to facilitate the entire process of development, testing, validation and deployment of the solution, carried out by the different teams involved.